.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, July 15, 2024

Hiking NY: Buck Firetower, Coney Mt, and Bald Mt

On my day off from summer camp, I made plans to hike! It's so pretty in the Adirondacks that I have to take advantage and get out in it.

I recruited a couple of friends to go hiking with me, and Christina actually drove up the night before to stay a couple of nights in my cabin with me! She brought snacks and we played music and had fun times.

In the morning we grabbed breakfast then met up with my other friend Ken so we could all take my car up to the first hike 1.5hrs away for Buck Firetower. This one was about 2.3 miles total and 500ft elevation gain. There was amazing views from the top! This trail was pretty muddy.





The second hike was just up the road and that was Coney Mt. This trail was very enjoyable, and numbers were similar to Buck. It was 2 miles total and 550ft elevation gain. There was no firetower on this one, however it was a clear summit and beautiful views!





By then it was about 1pm and we were all sweaty and starving so we headed back toward town and stopped at Darrel's Diner for some cheeseburgers and cold drinks!

Ken decided to head back home after lunch, but Christina and I chose to do one more hike--this one was Bald Mt. It's only about 2 miles total and 400ft elevation gain. This one is actually on the same road as my camp in Old Forge and is a great hike. It's usually pretty busy since it's so close to town, and we encountered a group of rebellious teenagers smoking at the top of the firetower haha! We still enjoyed the views at the top of our 3rd summit for the day before heading back to camp for a dip in the lake and a fun evening in the cabin.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...