.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, November 16, 2023

Closing out Autumn and Preparing for December

Fall is definitely in the air, and we have been working hard to enjoy the last sunny days when the grass is visible and trees have a bit of leaves left on the branches!

I was very happy to identify this Gingko Biloba tree in our town--and since then I have found 2 others! I harvested some beautiful leaves and will be making some more home remedies with it.




I finally caught my grapevines in time before they turned woody and I made my first grapevine wreath! It's now drying in the attic to harden, and I will decorate with cute decor to hang in the spring.


I harvested my small garden and got a basket full of beets and multicolored carrots! They all turned out a bit smaller than expected but I still cooked them all up! 



A carrot that identified as a beet!

I make pickled beets for the first time and they turned out SOOO GOOD.

In early Nov we took our old Halloween pumpkins to my friend's farm on the edge of town for her Angus cows to enjoy! They scarfed them up as the boys hand fed them, then we went to play with the chickens and chase the ducks.






The nights are getting colder, warm comforters are on the bed, and Thanksgiving in NEXT week! The year is coming to close, I hope 2024 will be amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...