.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Sunday, May 28, 2023

Mother's Day, Foliage, and Food


My Mother's Day at home was thankfully quiet and I got a few fun gifts from the boys! Jacob made me this special rock with his picture on it, as well as a card and a little plant! Bradley bought me a card and a yummy smelling hair conditioner. Nick got me some awesome smelling body spray and lotion as well as my favorite drink. He gave me a foot rub later than evening also!


My flowers are coming up beautifully here, and this is a pic of my happy apple trees and lilac tree! The apples are already growing and we can't wait to get a huge harvest this fall! Thankfully they survived some damage to several branches received by an errant snowplow over the winter....


I try to keep some yummy and semi healthy breakfast treats in the fridge for the boys to snack on before school. The last thing I made was some granola bars! They have pb, honey, rolled oats, cheerios, flax meal, raisins, and chocolate chips in them.


I also made another loaf of wheat sandwich bread


...and another big batch of "refried" pinto beans! We eat a lot of these since I cook a lot of Tex-Mex


And with warm weather that means grilling outside! And you can't have a cookout without some coleslaw.

To reduce food waste I save all extra/stale bread and heels in the freezer, then when I have enough I chop them up and season to make homemade croutons! They last for awhile in the pantry.


With some lovely warm weather outside I had a good hike to get warmed up at Letchworth! It was beautiful and so green there.



I've waited way too long to get these started, but I finally made a fresh batch of mead and grape wine to ferment! I also made a couple liters of homemade ginger ale. Delish and bubbly!


To help celebrate Bradley making all A's on his college classes I took everyone out for pizza and bowling last week! The boys had fun and are getting better!




Check back soon for pics from our Memorial Day weekend outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...