.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Friday, January 28, 2022

January at Home

I hope everyone is staying warm and cozy this winter, it has been a cold and snowy January for us!

My new favorite freezer prep is homemade crockpot refried beans! YUM. 1lb of pinto beans makes several servings of refried beans, and we eat a lot of Mexican food here so they come in handy.


Gotta keep the nails nice! I do DIY gel nails at home, they last 2-3 weeks before needing to be changed.


We've had a few cold snaps here getting down to 0 and below. This particular day I got up early and went hiking with a friend! It was 0 at my house when I left, and on the way there got down to -7. When we actually started hiking (Finger Lakes Trail at Letchworth) it was about 2 degrees. We broke trail in almost a foot of snow (with no snowshoes unfortunately!) for about 6 miles. The temp was up to the low 20s when we were done.







I love baking homemade bread in the winter! So quick and easy. I just throw a few ingredients into my bread machine where it gets mixed, kneaded, and first rising. Then I transfer it to the loaf pan for one final rising then bake. Yum!


And of course my boys keep me busy. Here they were cracking each other up jumping around like weirdos. Gotta love 'em!


More news to come, as always--check back soon for the updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...