.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, June 21, 2021

My Summer Job


What do you get when you blend a love of the outdoors with being a nurse? A camp nurse!! This unique opportunity came up shortly after I found out my ICU was closing, so I said what the heck and jumped in head first for a new adventure!

My official title is "Health Center Director" and I started my training and orientation last week. I spent a few days at camp with the directors and other staff to get things ready for campers to arrive, and had several projects waiting for me when I got there!

After I got some direction, I basically had free reign to do what I wanted and get what I needed to make things run smoothly. With my OCD tendencies, I ran with it and got the medical office nicely squared away and finished several much needed projects to streamline things and improve efficiency for the other staff.

This morning we finished up all necessary training and certifications, and I gave the counselors an in-service on my newly packaged wilderness first aid kits as well important topics for trip safety, camper health, and general protocols.

I'm now home for a few days, and when I head back Friday afternoon I will have the boys with me until we return home on July 11. I would have loved to be there the whole summer but I have a couple big trips already planned that I had to work around in July. But then I return for the last week of camp.

And now here's some pics from the beautiful Adirondack Woodcraft Camp!

My office and room!




The beautiful dining hall



The Long House

One of the lakes on the property with a swimming dock


Scenic trails and cabins all through the woods

Rock climbing wall and soccer field


They also offer riflery, archery, mountain biking, overnight trips, canoe trips, hiking, and so much for the kiddos! It will be a blast.

Unfortunately I have a very limited connection there so I won't be able to post much. However I did sneak in a quick mountain hike last night, and will be posting those pictures this week. s

I will have a couple different days off and I plan to tackle some high peaks in while I'm in the Adirondacks! Check back for pics from the summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...