.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, June 10, 2021

Almost Summer! A Car Show and Catching Up


The warm weather is here, and we are edging ever closer to the official start of SUMMER in western NY! The windows are open at night, the days are long, and the sun is hot! My gardens are in full swing and keeping me busy. My favorite thing to do with some of my herbs is to make herbal infused water to keep in the fridge. I have mint, orange mint, apple mint, and lemon balm that I usually rotate through, adding any fruit that I may have like limes/lemons/strawberry. Yum!

Both boys had a dentist checkup a couple weeks ago, and although Jacob got a good report...Bradley did not! He had a bad cavity on a baby tooth so they went ahead and pulled it. He did good, and got a visit from the tooth fairy that night!


Jacob has been getting so good at reading! He likes to sit with me and read his books while I read mine.


Now for the gardens! Here is my herb garden right by my back porch. I have rosemary, chives, sage, lavender, orange mint, apple mint, and thyme.



This is part of my rose garden. I have over 6 different varieties of roses! And lots of lambs ear and Russian sage in between. Very fragrant!



Our fruit plants are all doing well! We have 2 golden delicious apple trees that are full of baby apples. We have one Bartlett pear tree with a few fruits growing, and our grapevine is exploding with grapes! Those won't be ready till early fall.


This is my perennial garden. I'm still trying to learn everything in it! Here I have some peonies, ground elder, dames rocket, and a huge clematis that is beautiful!





Last Saturday Nick took Jacob with him to Lockport where he entered his classic car into his first car show! The boys had a blast looking at all the old cars, and of course Jacob had to get his picture taken in the General Lee!







I haven't been "working" for the past 5 weeks, but I've been WORKING and man it's crazy how many things there are to keep busy with if you look hard enough. It's a full time job in itself trying to keep up with the house, the yard, the kids, my side business, hobbies......no time for a job! Hahaha

 
We finally were able to get our driveway resealed! We haven't touched it since we moved in 4 years ago, and have never had a blacktop driveway so we really aren't familiar with the upkeep. We called a few places in town this spring to try to get quotes at least, and we were unsuccessful getting someone to come out. While I was mowing the other day a guy stopped by who was in town doing driveways and asked if we wanted ours done! He gave us a good price, and started immediately. Perfect timing! We are very happy with it.

Later that day Nick and I rescued an injured crow from a bush in our backyard. His right wing had been hurt and he couldn't fly. He was very weak and we don't know how long he was stuck in the bush. We were able to quickly find a local wildlife refuge who specializes in birds and he came to our house immediately and picked him up! We are hoping he has a fast recovery and can return to his friends.




And I got my hair trimmed this week! Since I whacked it all off in Dec 2019, I've been getting regular trims every 3 months. This is high maintenance for me.....those who know me know that I am good with 1-2 haircuts a year! I have also been growing out my natural hair color (salt and pepper!) and now that 95% of the color is cut off, I'm ready to grow it back out again! So this trim I told her to leave the length and just trim the layers. Now I don't go back until Dec!




Bradley has been staying busy in school! This is a big project he did in art class. The picture will be used for Jacob's kindergarten graduation!


Lot's of happenings at the Pierce household so far, and lots more to come! My birthday is tomorrow, I'm going backpacking again this weekend, I leave for camp training next week, Bradley has a birthday coming up, there's Father's Day, then the boys come with me to camp for 2 weeks, then there's July 4, then we come home, then we go on a family vacation, then I'm going to Colorado, then back to camp for a week......WHEW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...