Last weekend I had a fun girl's weekend camping at a music festival in Ohio! This was my first one. A couple of my friends are big Grateful Dead fans so I tagged along for a new experience.
Jessica and I arrived on Thursday afternoon and picked an awesome campsite in the back quieter area of the park. We saved a spot for Christina next to us while we set up our humble home away from home. We had woods and a pond behind us!
I got to break in my new camp stove and it worked great! Always fun to have nice hot meals while you're roughing it in a tent.
The bands started up that night, so after we explored the park for a bit we cooked burgers for dinner. Then we headed to the main area for some music after dark.
Overnight the woodland creatures raided our food and ran off with my bag of spices (and my coffee infuser ðŸ˜) as well as my bread, bagels, and popcorn. We stored the rest in a plastic tote.
Christina arrived Friday afternoon and was just car camping so no set up needed. We hung out at the site for awhile then after a late lunch we went to enjoy music by the quarry.
We enjoyed music late into the night and I slept like a rock! The nights were chilly so that was perfect.
Saturday we had a lazy morning and I enjoyed my coffee while the girls slept in. The woodland creatures figured out how to open my plastic tote and stole my tortillas and crackers unfortunately. We were now void of any starchy carbs! I needed tortillas to make chicken quesadillas that night so I ended up paying a food vendor for some haha!
That afternoon we swam in the quarry to cool off, then did henna while we relaxed at the campsite.
The bands played late into the dark for their last night, and Sunday morning I cooked us breakfast before we packed up and headed back home.
A fun weekend with good friends and great music!












No comments:
Post a Comment
Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.