.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, December 11, 2023

Holiday Season, Cooking, and Craft Shows

Enjoy some pics of my family from the month so far!

Here, Jacob got to help daddy put up the Christmas lights outside on a warm day after Thanksgiving. They are on the front porch roof!



I had lots of craft shows this month to keep my side business busy!! Nick and Brad are big helpers and go with me to each one.


Our Thanksgiving feast was simple and quiet--just how we like it! I did the traditional turkey with mashed potatoes/gravy, deviled eggs, mac and cheese, roasted carrots, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, and stuffing.

I also made 2 pumpkin pies with homemade roasted pumpkin puree! Don't mind the crusts--that's not my strong point in the kitchen haha!

We took the boys to an evening at an opera house in town built in the 1800s where they had a free Big Band Christmas concert! It was neat to see inside the old building and listen to the vintage music.




And of course Cuddles is daily tolerating us all.

This is really the only "good" snow we've gotten so far this year, maybe 2-4". It all melted shortly after when the days warmed back up to the 40s. It's halfway thru December already and we are ready for the snow to get here!






Nick and I went on a date to a ballet performance of the "Nutcracker Suite", an abbreviated version of the full ballet.


I had my LAST craft show of 2023 yesterday, so I'm happily winding down my production and putting away my supplies until the shows start back up in the late winter/spring.

If you've made it this far, please say a prayer for my father--he was just recently diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer and required emergent surgery. He is now in rehab to build his strength and independence back up before he can go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...