.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Keeping Busy Around the House

There's always something to be done here, and with my BIG trip coming up in only 7 days I have a lot to get taken care of! Fall is knocking on our door, but the garden is still in full swing! I've been happily harvesting beautiful tomatoes and watching my beets and carrots grow every day. All of the herbs are lush and green and I use them as often as I can in cooking and herbalism.


Our Barlett pear tree finally gave us some good pears, and we got them before the deers! We put up a protective fence around the tree this summer and it seems to have done the trick to keep the fruit on the tree. We just harvested a bounty of 6 luscious organic pears and all of us have enjoyed sharing them. Yum! The apple trees will be ready very soon.

 
Nick came with me to a required skills lab at my hospital since it was pretty casual so we used him as a "patient" for some examples! 


I've been very busy adding new products to my online store and beefing up inventory for all of my upcoming fall and winter craft shows! Orders come in slowly but surely, and my products that are being sold locally in Elba, NY are very popular! I love being able to use my self-taught knowledge to share these goodies with others and turn plants into medicine for healing.




I let the boys enjoy a fun movie night before school started and they watched "Gulliver's Travels" and ate popcorn together.


I've been doing yard work and gardening when I can, and trying to stay ahead so there's less to do in the fall and next spring. So far I've been keeping up pretty well, and even able to prune back some overgrown trees and shrubs. I found this guy in an arborvitae!



The boys are enjoying their new teachers at school, and I am gearing up for a huge trip that I leave for in only 7 days! Be sure to check back soon for a fun trip report after I get back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...