.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Friday, July 21, 2023

Visiting Oklahoma

We finally got to take our family trip to Oklahoma! We were supposed to go in Feb but had to cancel last minute due to sickness. So thanks to the school schedule we had to wait until summer time to go. I reserved the rental car, hotels along the way, and we hit the road last Thurs morning!

I ordered 2 different DVD players for the car and both arrived broken....so the kids had to entertain themselves! They actually did really good. Snacks helped!

Our rental was upgraded to a 2023 Nissan Murano.



We stayed at our usual halfway point in Terre Haute, Indiana on Thurs night with Dominoes for dinner. We hit the road at about 6am Fri morning to make it to Oklahoma in early evening. Our hotel for 3 nights in OKC was much nicer and had an indoor pool. I booked a suite so we would have a bit more seating room for us and visitors.


My mom invited us all over for dinner Fri night so we started off with seeing them that evening.

After dinner of course the boys wanted to hit the pool for a bit. It was very hot while we were there--95-100 each day--so cooling off in the pool was nice. My brother Shane met us there after he finished working and hung out with us by the pool.

Sat morning after breakfast we headed south to Foster to see Nick's family. One of their cats had kittens so the boys had a lot of fun snuggling on them.

Nick and his mom



Brad and his cousin Zoe (they are the same age!)


Nick and his sister Sarah


After that visit we headed back into OKC to meet my dad at our FAVORITE Greek restaurant Athena's. We all got gyros with some falafel for an appetizer. So good!

And baklava for dessert!

Saturday evening we had dinner with my brother Eric and the boys swam in his pool for a bit.

Sunday afternoon my stepdad Gary picked up the boys for a fun afternoon out with grandpa. Jacob got to shoot his first guns! He did so good, and hit his target several times.


Brad also did very good and shot some big guns! He also got drive grandpa's new Bronco on some country roads.

While they were all gone Nick hung out with his friend Terry and I visited with my mom and brother Eric at his house. I got to go swimming for a bit in his pool then came back to the hotel and got cleaned up for dinner. Gary took us all out to a new Mexican restaurant for our last night there and my dad also met us there.



My dad and me

Papa Tony and his grandsons!

That evening I met up with my brother Shane and his girlfriend Regina for one last visit, and caught this beautiful sunset on my way out!

It was great to see everyone as usual, I just wish more people would take the journey north to visit us! It's very hard to make this trip each year, we are not sure how soon we will be able to make it back. Thankfully our house and Cuddles were safe and sound when we returned! It's nice to be home in our own beds and with our cooler temps. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...