.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, June 12, 2023

Turning 37!


First off thank you all who gave me birthday wishes and texts yesterday! It's always a bright spot to get some love.

I completed one more rotation around the sun and am now only 3 years away from FORTY. I'm not worried though--I'm coasting happily along with my boys and my hobbies so I can not complain about getting older.

I don't want much but I do love food, so my birthday request was for Nick to take me out to Mooney's in Buffalo which is famous for their mac and cheese! I absolutely love me a good mac and cheese, and theirs is the best I've ever had. They've actually been featured on Food Network before and for good reason. The quantity is insane and I have never been able to eat more than 1/4 of my plate. There are several locations around Buffalo to choose from, but we went to the "closest" one to us in Depew.


I started off with a hard cider while we waited for the food. I ordered my fave--the rodeo mac and cheese! SO GOOD. Made with bbq pulled pork and onion rings in it. Absolutely to die for. My close fave is the taco. But I could only pick one! *Pro tip* go with friends and each order a different one then sample each others!


Nick chose the turkey wrap (he got his bacon on the side bc he doesn't like it but knows I'll eat it!)


This is about how far I made it, haha! I happily took the rest to go and ate some more for dinner later on.


After lunch we went to Tim Hortons for coffee. I'm not a big cake or dessert person, but I do love apple fritters so he got me one to go with my caramel latte. Yum!


After we got back home and settled, I opened up some gifts that had come in the mail from my brother Eric. He got me some Outlander gifts that I love! Nick got me my favorite snacks--Bugles and Arizona green tea. I also got some cards in the mail from family.


The rest of the day we relaxed in the house then took an evening walk together before the much needed rain moved in. A wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...