.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, December 15, 2008

13 Weeks and a Name Dilemma

13 weeks is here my friends, and I am blogging from work at 1am because I'm currently caught up (ssshhh, don't tell anyone). Some things say 13 weeks is the beginning of the second tri, others say 14 weeks is the beginning. Well either way I am just ecstatic that I have gotten this far and everything is progressing well! I look forward to the next 3 months. Hopefully I'll get a belly soon, cause that means shopping!!! Here is my little one's size comparison and growth:

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

My Christmas cards have been sent out, my presents are all wrapped and under the tree, and my baking will be shortly underway!! So far I have only received 3 Christmas cards, but that is usually how it goes--I send out 25, and I get 5. Oh well, some people just don't hold dear the traditions of the past. I promise I will take pictures soon of my decorations so that you can see what they look like!
Before I get to the name thing, you might notice up in the right corner of this page I put up a poll for people to vote on if they think I am having a boy or girl. Please vote!! You have until January 22 which is when the BIG ultrasound is!
As for our name dilemma...well I mentioned before that Nick and I loved the girl name Emma Lilly. Of course we do not know (yet) if it is a boy or girl, we just like picking out girl names better! Anywho, I've been browsing baby names on the internet and have come to terms with the fact that "Emma" is one of the most popular names around right now. Realistically, I do not want my little girl to have the same name as five other little girls in her class because it was the "trend" when they were born. So I brought this up to Nick grudgingly and told him it would probably be best if we went with one of the other girl names we had been eyeballing.
Of course this is all hypothetically speaking if we have a girl, but name we have currently decided on is:
Madilynn Rose

3 comments:

  1. I voted, but I think my mind has been made up for a while since you always say "she" when referring to your little one. HA! That is a beautiful name and I'm so happy that 2009 will bring you a little bundle of joy and that you don't have to struggle with infertility anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious!! I loe how you spell it...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a week and half ahead of me. We're keeping the gender a surprise and not telling anyone the names. But I LOVE the name Emma and Madilynn. Both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...