.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, November 20, 2008

First Prenatal Appointment

Today I got to meet my new OB doctor. She is very sweet, and answered all of our questions. She really seems like she cares, and explained everything she was doing. First she did a physical exam, then we did the ultrasound. Unfortunately her machine doesn't do the heartbeat like my other doctor's did, so we didn't hear it or see the rate, but we saw little Emmers heart beating away. And of course I got another picture!!! This is at 9wk2d.



I've been spoiled my other doctor, and I won't be getting as many ultrasounds now. In the next few weeks we are going to do the nuchal translucency test so I will get an ultrasound with that, but after that we won't get one until the BIG one where we find out the gender. That should be around the end of January.

So both me and Emmers are doing great, hubby is very excited about it all. I just bought a scanner today so after I get it hooked up the pictures should look clearer. I will have checkups every 4 weeks for now, and my next one is Dec. 17.

***I might add that in one week she went from 1.75 cm to 2.58 cm!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Welp, we're going to try naturally this month, so maybe Emmers can have a BFF shortly after she's born!
    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...