.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Treats

I spent my Sunday (after working a bit in the morning) baking up a storm! Every year for the last several years I make a bunch of treats and put together cookie tins for all of the family and close friends in my life in lieu of presents. This year I made marshmallow fudge, mini banana bread loaves, oatmeal raisin cookies, and for those with dogs--homemade doggie treats!


Nick helped me the whole time in the kitchen, and even wore a Christmas apron with me! He is too cute. I was able to get everything done all while little Brad was taking his nap! I can't find the recipe on my Pinterest, I will have to get back to you on the link. But so far the 3 dogs that have tasted them LOVED them!

I was able to get my Grandma and Aunt's goodies all boxed up and shipped early Monday morning so hopefully they get there soon! I just have a few left to hand out.

I colored my hair Saturday--don't worry, nothing crazy! Just dark brown again to cover the never-ending grays. I swear every time my roots grow out they are worse than before! Thanks dad.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend and remembers the TRUE reason from whence our celebrations stemmed (yes I just said whence). We have lots of family coming over Christmas evening and I am in charge of a big turkey dinner! I can't believe Christmas is only 3 days away now! If only we had snow....

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...