.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

This is my first post of the year--but I am not going to post a list of "resolutions" like most. I don't make a list of high standards at the beginning of the year just to be let down when life happens and I can't get everything done. No, I like to do a spot check at the end of the year to see where I'm at in my plan. It is more gratifying to look back and be glad of the things that I have done than to look forward and dread the things I must do.

  1. Had a baby
  2. Lost all of the baby weight
  3. Got closer than ever with my mom
  4. Learned new techniques and projects for crocheting/sewing
  5. Making all of Bradley's baby food
  6. Nursed for 6 months
  7. All credit cards paid off
  8. Grown as husband and wife through our son
That's it off the top of my head. I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year last night and hopefully not too much alcohol was involved. Sadly New Year's Eve is one of those holidays (like St. Patrick's Day) that has evolved into a wild excuse to booze it up.

To end this post, I am proud to say that I have {mostly} finished arranging my craft area! Nick and I share a "recreation room" and I have one corner and one double closet. Well the closet is still a disaster area, but the corner has come along nicely!


I do many crafts in this space including sewing, crocheting, knitting, and scrapbooking so I had to clear off the tables and still keep my needed supplies visible and reachable.


^This is a custom-made hat for a fellow blogger that is being modeled by Bradley for sizing purposes. He enjoys it!

And last but not least, a new hat idea that I came up with to weave a ribbon through spaces on a crocheted hat. I also learned a new technique for crocheting flowers in rounds, and added a coordinating button to top it off!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee and chit chatJanuary 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM

    Love your redecorated craft room! Looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great 2009! So now with all that 2009 brought you 2010 will be great! :0) Love the craft room and all the crafts! Your ideas are endless! You do have a great gift for creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...