.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, December 30, 2008

An Apple a Day + Christmas Pics

Well lately I've been eating a few clementines a day, not apples, but that's how big my baby is so far! Each week gets more exciting, and I'm loving every moment of it. I still have a little belly but not really anything all that noticeable. I have been eating just about everything I come into contact with, so I need to watch it! No weight gain yet though. Here are the updates:
Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

A pinch over 3 more weeks and we will find out the gender!!!! Even if he/she is hiding the goods, at least we will get more US pics! Lately I have been checking out albums and getting ideas for my pregnancy scrapbook. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep the color neutral or go along with the gender for color theme. And I probably won't start doing it until I'm about 30 weeks or so. Once I get started on one of those I get OCD and don't stop until it's done. I don't want it to go too quickly! I have a very vast supply of the CUTEST stickers and embellishments already so I'm doing good in that department. Of course more will come after the gender is revealed!

Our Christmas was fabulous last week! Unfortunately I am also taking advantage of all of the holiday pay available at work, so I've been doing a bunch of overtime (and it sucks) so I had to work Christmas Eve. That means I was a zombie Christmas Day because I only got a couple hours of sleep! But that is one of the good things about working nights--even when you have to work on a holiday, if you sacrifice sleep you can still enjoy festivities during the day. Nick spent Christmas Eve while I was gone with his family about an hour away...that didn't go over too well. So we made up for it with my family on Christmas. There was tons of food and family and presents, and of course pictures!! Here are a few:


^The feast!


^Nick and I before eating


^My mom Kathy and stepdad Gary


^My brother Shane and his gf Audra


^Me with my bounty


^Nick excited about his presents


^My grandma Margie and I

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at all the food!!!

    Okay, awesome about getting to do OT, but not so great about working on Christmas Eve... glad you still got to spend some time with your family.

    I love the apple picture + description! I've been googling the heck out of my laptop trying to figure out what site you get the updates from... I love them! :)

    Oh, yeah, I was LOL about the picture of your hubby & his face w/ the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time!! Thanks for sharing the pics with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lovely! I updated my Blogger and I'm going to start commenting more often! I'm so excited to get to see your bloomin belly! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you and your family had a blessed Christmas! Just wait you will have your own little one to suprise with goodies for next year! Have you thought about how you and Nick are going to play Santa Clause yet? ahhhhhhh the most exciting thing at Christmas for babies and children!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...