.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Notorious "Medication" Picture....

I finally received all of my injectables that I will be using for the next few weeks! They arrived on my doorstep today, and I have them all laid out nicely on display for you:




I'm not going to lie, I'm not all that excited about torturing my body but hey--you do what you have to do to get knocked up!! I have already started the Lupron (it goes in the belly) and it's not so bad. Leaves me a bit sore, but nothing crazy. I did the first one and made hubby do the second one. He freaked out because he's never given a shot before, whereas it's no big deal to me because I do it all the time at work. Except this time, I'm telling myself "Big stick!"

I am very excited about the upcoming weeks. Things will start progressing more quickly after I start the Follistim on the 20th. Then it will be blood draws and ultrasounds every couple of days. I'm hoping that the retrieval/transfer don't happen on days when I have to work because I will have to call in. I am under a contract to work 7p-7a every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and I can't really miss any that aren't scheduled. But they will just have to deal with it!

Wish us luck with our new drug habits, and I will keep you updated!

3 comments:

  1. Well just plan on it messing with your work schedule because I was trying to plan things and it just doesn't work when you're doing IVF. I hope it doesn't interfere with your plans, but just plan on it. :) I'm so excited for you! I'm here for ya whenever you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Looks like you and your husband are going to have fun playing with all those drugs! Who knows maybe you will convert Nick into Nurse Nick! :0)
    Good luck can't wait to read how it all works for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My name is Sarah Creamer. My husband Stuart and I are about to go to our first class about IVF and discuss all the medicines, how to adminster them etc. I am excited and can't wait. We will be starting soon! I hope everything goes well for you. I look forward to reading your blog and keeping up.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...