.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, June 13, 2017

My 31st Birthday

Sunday I turned 31 years young! I am embracing my 30s, and since we just bought our dream home I am settling right in! My only request from Nick was an oil cruet. He chose a great Rachel Ray one in turquoise--one of the colors of our next kitchen. I cant wait to use it!​ I also requested a strawberry Jell-O cake (which he baked himself) and peanut butter cup ice cream. Yum!



My brother Eric sent me some nurse goods in the mail! A coffee thermos and a gorgeous bracelet.



We had our lovely sitter come over in the evening and we headed out to try a new restaurant. I wanted something with a view since the weather is so beautiful right now, so I picked a BBQ place in our town right off the Niagara river. We had to wait a while for a table, but the scenery was good and the food was worth it!




I had smoked BBQ chicken with brussel sprouts and Mac n cheese. He had a smoked turkey BLT with fries. We will be returning for sure!


Things are moving along smoothly for our house purchase! We are meeting at the bank tomorrow for the official mortgage application. After that we just wait for all the behind the scenes paperwork to go thru. 

To kill time we started window shopping for things we'll want to get right away. There are bunch of little custom things we are going to do inside like chandeliers, ceiling medallions, paint, and some kitchen renovations. We also found a great deal on a gas grill that we snagged, and started looking at patio furniture. This is the fun part of moving!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...