This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 8 and 2 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between

Friday, February 24, 2017

Visiting Home

On Feb 20 we all 4 boarded a flight to go back to OK for the first visit home since moving! It has been almost 9 months and we were happy to see both of our families. Nick took his vacation days, I used our reward points to get 3 free roundtrip flights, and Brad had the week off school so it all came together! I'm glad we were able to squeeze in a trip before Jacob turns 2 because after that he will need his own ticket.

The first thing to do was get new luggage! Ours was battered from many trips so it was time to replace it.

Our flight left around noon, and it was only an hour long to our layover in Baltimore. The boys did good, and we got lunch to kill time on a 2.5hr layover. At that airport we came across a free kiosk to teach hands-only CPR! There was even a mannequin chest to practice on. If course I had Brad go try it out!

The next leg of the flight was 3hrs and Jacob was pretty restless for that one. He does not want to sit still! We landed safely and got our luggage before heading to get our rental car. We arrived at my mom's house around 630pm and she had a lovely dinner waiting for us! After we all ate, Nick and the boys headed down to Foster to stay 2 nights with his mom and sister. I stayed with my mom.

The next morning I had breakfast with my dad, then spent the day hanging out with my mom and sis in law over coffee and chat. That evening my mom hosted a big potluck dinner at her house! Nick drive the boys up with his mom, sister, and niece following him up. My brother Eric, wife Amy, and her 4 kids came. My brother Shane, his son Cameron, and Shane's girlfriend Regina came. Regina's sister Shirley was there, as well as my friend Sara, and my mom's friend Cheryl.

The next day I was able to go up to my old hospital Saint Anthony's and see my recovery room coworkers and boss! For dinner that evening we all meet at our favorite Italian restaurant Zios with my dad for a big dinner. We caught a beautiful sunset on the drive there.

That was our last full day there. The next morning we had to get up at 430am for an early flight home! We were pretty tired after a few days of late nights and early mornings, but glad to be on our way back home.

All in all we had a great time seeing our family and spending some time away from our crazy life and jobs here in NY! The very next day it was back to reality for both us. Maybe our next vacation will involve a beach!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...