.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Friday, February 10, 2017

Goals Are Legit

I was just sitting here thinking about where I'm at in life, and where I want to be. I've always had a plan, whether it was a one-year plan, or 5 to 10 year plan. I'm a firm believer in setting a goal for yourself--either short-term or long-term--and making a game plan to reach that goal. I think that is a major part of adulthood and we should all know what we want to do with ourselves in life.

That doesn't mean you should know what job you want to do for the rest of your life, or how many kids you want. For example you're 18 and not sure what you are doing in life. This is where a game plan comes in! Let's say within five years you want to live on your own, travel to Europe, and have some money in savings. Now you need to come up with a plan to make that happen. What kind of job would you like to do, and does it require college? What luxury items are you comfortable with doing without so that you can afford necessities and build a savings? Do you have a friend you can be a roommate with? Make a plan and put it into action, and stick to it! You will reach your goals and no time.

I am 30 years old, and exactly where I want to be in life. I am working on the final step needed to reach my happy place in life where I can settle in with my family, and live happily ever after. I hope that I can inspire other people to follow their dreams and not get discouraged.

Frugal living is not glamorous, it is not popular, it is not "on trend", and most of the time it is not easy because it may involve going without things that everyone around you has.

I am currently living debt-free, I have three savings accounts full of money, two retirement accounts, a credit score over 800, and after moving across the country last year I am currently searching for my dream home to buy. This is many years in the making, but I have done it while raising a family on a very modest income and keeping my long-term goals in mind. I am even factoring in frugal living when I look for houses because I want to be able to grow a large garden, and have the option of raising chickens.

Through the years I've learned many tips and tricks for living frugally and being goal oriented. I love to inspire and help others who may have wondered off the path toward their goal and need help. I take joy in hearing other people's success stories and seeing others achieve their dreams! No dream is too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...