.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Homemade Baby Teething Biscuits

Today I decided to finally try my hands at some homemade finger food for Jacob. He is starting to be at that stage, and man is that crap pricey at the store! Not to mention all of the sugar and crazy list of ingredients. I knew I had seen some simple recipes using baby cereal on the internet so I sat down and picked one to try! I changed it just a pinch but the gist was the same.


Here is the link to the original recipe.

I did olive oil instead of coconut, and I added about a tbs of sugar. Mine didn't turn out so much as a dough like the recipe said--it was more of a batter that I spooned onto the parchment paper into an oval shape. Much quicker than rolling out and cutting to shape!


 Baby was able to easily grab onto it and get it into his mouth. It softened very quickly and he didn't gag or cough once while eating it. Even big brother tasted it and approved!


 These baked up very easily and I threw them into a ziploc baggie after they cooled to room temp. They should be good for several days since there is no egg or any thing perishable in them.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...