.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Homemade Freezer Garlic Bread

As most of you know I have been cranking out the freezer meals lately in preparation for baby #2 to get here (in 3 weeks!). A lot of them are Italian-themed because that is what I love :) And what goes better with a hot lasagna out of the oven than garlic bread? Yum! I found this recipe here and knew it was perfect for me.

I went to my local grocery and got 3 huge loaves of marked down French bread for 60 cents each.


 I changed it up a little and used margarine instead of butter (all of my butter was frozen). I also used garlic powder (around 2tsp) instead of fresh, and I added basil (about 1tbs).

 

 I started slicing up the bread and coating each slice with a good layer of garlic butter. Then I layered them on a pan to freeze individually...


I just happened to be cooking spaghetti dinner while I was doing all of this, so I threw three of them in the oven to go with it. Yes they tasted so delicious! I personally thought they were better than premade frozen ones from the store.


 I left them in the freezer for a good 15-20 minutes before I took them out and stacked them nicely into a labeled freezer bag. From there they went into the deep freezer and are ready to go!


I only had time to do 2 of the 3 loaves but I got two stuffed gallon freezer bags out of it (minus the three slices we ate). All for less than $2!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...