.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, February 10, 2015

That's OK

As a parent I really saw how much of my controlling tendencies I had to overcome. Not that I'm super controlling, but I do like things to go a certain way in my house just to make life run smoother. Nick is the same way, and perhaps even more so than I am. But things are a bit different when it comes to kids, and that is something that we are both learning as we go. Sometimes things don't go exactly as you want them to, and sometimes that's ok.
 
Brad has holes in the knees of some of his jeans, but that's ok because that means he has been playing and being a kid.
Sometimes he goes to bed a few minutes late but that's ok because he was reading me his favorite story.
Sometimes he has a snack right before dinner, but that's ok because it was a banana and I will never NOT let him eat a piece of fresh fruit when he wants it.
Sometimes he comes home from school with paint on his shirt, but that's ok because that means he was participating and learning.
Sometimes he gets marker on his hands and face but that's ok because that means he was drawing and being creative.
Sometimes he wants me to brush his teeth for him, and that's ok because I know these days will be gone soon.
He insists on buckling his own buckle in the car (even though it takes forever) and that's ok because he is learning to be independent.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...