.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Saturday, July 5, 2014

Independence Day 2014

I hope everyone had a great July 4! We made our annual pilgrimage to my dad's house in Tuttle with more family than ever before. There was a total of 8 kids and 9 adults with tons of food and even more fireworks. My dad manned the grill while I was the sous chef and everything turned out perfectly. The kids had a great time running in the huge yard and when it finally got dark we lit the night sky up for hours!








We didn't pack up and head home until around midnight and after a quick shower we all passed out and slept in. I was actually on call for work from 7am yesterday until 7am this morning so I had my pager and cell phone in my pocket but never got called in! I wouldn't have minded the holiday pay--maybe next year.

While we were there, I harvested a few pounds of fresh organic plums from my dad's fruit tree. Time to make something with them! One day I'll have my own fruit trees to harvest from....


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...