.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Easy Stuffed Mushroom Caps

I am not usually one for mushrooms but as I have gotten older I have tried to be more open minded about them. I have come to realize that it is not a flavor issue, but more of a texture issue. I don't really like the sponginess of them however I do eat them more now than I used to. This brings me to stuffed mushrooms!

I made these for the first time a few weeks ago when I had family over for dinner. These white crimini mushrooms go on sale frequently at my local Aldi for only .79 so I couldn't pass them up to try a new recipe! I didn't really end up using a "recipe" but winged it and did my own thing. They were a huge hit so I am making them again today for a big birthday dinner.

Stuffed Mushroom Caps

2 packs 8oz crimini mushrooms
1/4 c Italian breadcrumbs
1/2 tbs garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 c shredded cheddar
2 tbs grated Parmesan

Wash and dry the mushrooms. Gently remove the stems and keep most of them (about 3/4).  Put them in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are minced. In bowl add minced stems and remaining ingredients. Blend well with fork.
 
Using a small spoon, scoop a spoonful of stuffing and gently compress with your fingers into opening of each mushroom cap. Don't push too hard or the caps will break!


Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and caps are tender. You can also put in the fridge after you stuff them to bake later!

There are several variations on stuffed mushrooms but this was just a quick and easy version that I came up with for the ingredients I had on hand. A delicious dish for only $1.60? Yes please!


Photobucket

1 comment:

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...