.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, June 10, 2013

2 New Recipes!

I have recently tried out two new recipes that were a big hit! The first is vegan (which I am not) and a healthier version of banana bread! Here is the link to the original recipe. I did mod mine a little so I put those changes as optional!

Banana Apple Bread

2 ripe bananas
1 apple, peeled and diced
2/3 c sugar
1 3/4 c flour
1/2 c applesauce (can use plain or flavored)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/3 c shredded coconut flakes (optional)
1/4 c ground flaxseed (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash bananas with fork in mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients. Mix well and pour into greased loaf pan. Bake 60-70 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

You read that correctly! No oil, no water, no eggs....how does it work? I don't know but it's delicious and I will definitely be making it again. I just made it yesterday and we are already down to the last sliver....



My next recipe is much more relaxed in a thrown together kind of way. Somehow I have never made chicken salad until now! It turned out yum and I can't wait to eat the leftovers. I got the idea from my mom and added on to it. *****WARNING***** chicken salad is very forgiving so I didn't actually "measure" anything. For the sake of a recipe I will give estimates of amounts I used.

Curry Chicken Salad

1 c diced cooked chicken
1 c mayo
2 large celery stalks diced
2 apples diced
1/3 c raisins
2 tbs minced onion
1 tsp salt
1 tbs curry
1 tsp paprika

Mix all together and store in the fridge. Serve on sandwiches or with crackers. Makes a lot!


That is all for now! I hope you enjoyed the recipes, and please comment and let me know how they turn out if you try them! We have been busy in the Pierce house but I will blog about all that later. Tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY and I am excited!
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...