.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It's Finally September!

One of my favorite times of the year because September means that fall is right around the corner! I just love love the cooler months for so many reasons. Oklahoma isn't the most autumn-friendly place--we pretty much go from disgusting heat to cold in a matter of a few weeks. The window for perfect temperatures doesn't last long so I look forward to it more and more every year!


I am glad my month of extra shifts is over for now. I got lots of extra money to stash away into savings. Our beach vacations is LESS than three weeks away and we are very excited. I am glad that Hurricane Isaac decided to spare the Pensacola area from its wrath.

Last week several friends at work put in orders for different variations of an embroidered wall plaque that I do---22 all together! Here are a few of them...



The good news is that I got them all done. The bad news is that within a couple of hours of completing them the card reader for my embroidery machine fried. Nick tried taking it apart and bypassing the bad circuitry but it would immediately mess up when I plugged it back in. Thankfully my machine is ok, it is just the card reader/memory card I have to replace.

Over the last few months I have been gathering different cute robot fabrics for Brad's room redo. I believe I have all that I need for the little custom touches that I want to put in it. I am making his pillowcase, sheet, comforter, lampshade, and wall decorations. It has been safari animals since his birth so I thought his transition from crib to toddler bed would be a good time to update the decor! I know he will love it.

We are excited for this weekend because our county fair is going on! We will be spending Saturday there riding the rides and eating the yummy food. As Brad gets older it is so fun to see his excitement.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...