.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, June 14, 2012

Birthday Time

 It has been awhile since my last post! I have been a busy girl, and I am now a year older! 26 to be exact, and to be honest I love getting older. I feel like I have always been an "old" soul that was out of place, and the older I get the more in sync I feel. I think 40 will be a perfect time for me :)

I had some fun things planned for Saturday and Sunday with friends but neither happened so that bummed me out for a bit. Saturday evening all of my work buddies and our families got together for dinner at the local Dave & Buster's. It was a really neat place with good food and cheap games! We had a good time and got enough tickets to pick out some toys for Brad.



My MIL wanted to keep Brad for a few days so that his cousin Zoe could play with him, and after my plans for Sunday got cancelled I was able to go with Nick to their house and visit for a bit (they live an hour away). Brad always has fun playing with Zoe--she is 5 months older than he is. We missed him but it was a nice treat to have the house to ourselves for a couple of days! We picked him back up on Tuesday afternoon.

Here is Brad playing with the GI Joe's that his daddy gave him...

 Monday we had a fun day planned for my birthday! We slept in late and for lunch we went downtown to Spaghetti Warehouse--our first time there! It was delicious food and a neat historic setting. I got pesto spaghetti with grilled chicken and he got baked penne. After eating we stopped at the grocery store to pick up some supplies for a get-together at our house that night. Nick invited a few of our friends over to join us for snacks and cake.


He prepared all of the snacks and baked the cake himself. He even hung our Happy Birthday banner! We had a great evening and enjoyed our friends.

I went back to work today after a 4 day weekend and the celebration continues tomorrow with a potluck at work. It is Mexican themed and I am bringing Spanish rice and homemade salsa--yum!

I have something I am very excited about! I have been wanting to get an exercise bike to use downstairs while Brad is running around. I haven't found a good deal on any used ones yet so I thought about getting a cheap gym membership until I found one. I mentioned this to a coworker and he reminded me that we get a discounted membership at the YMCA. I looked into it today and it is a great deal!!

A family membership (with my work discount) is only $26/month--only $9 more than an individual membership--and comes with FREE childcare. That is the main thing I am excited about. Plus they have tons of classes including Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi, Zumba, Boot Camp, Cardio, Spinning, etc. that are FREE. And we can go to any Y in the city. The one here in Norman is only a couple of miles away! They are open 7 days a week. They of course have a pool and regular exercise equipment too. I also get 6 free guest passes. There is no contract and it gets automatically deducted out of my paycheck at work.

I have to sign up for it thru my HR department and b/c of paperwork I probably won't get to start until July. But the price is great, we all get to go, and childcare is free! Awesomeness.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...