.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, May 7, 2012

Food and a New 'Do

 What a crazy weekend! Saturday we just hung out around the house, but Sunday morning we hit the road for a roadtrip to Cushing, OK! We met my friend Stephanie there so that we could get our skydive on. After signing all of our waivers we harnessed up and hit the tarmac for a once-in-a-lifetime jump. In a nutshell, it was amazing and the scariest part was the anticipation! I bought pics (and Nick took some from the ground) but they won't be in till later this week. As soon as I get them, I will post a blog all about my adventure!

This morning we got up early again but this time it was for family pictures! I used to work with a girl who is now doing photography on the side so she met us at this neat outdoor area here in Norman. Brad was a little princess but we got thru it and hopefully got some great pics out of it! I am expecting these later this week so I will also post these as soon as I can.

Today for lunch I decided to try out a couple of online recipes I've been eyeballing. The first one is for baked eggrolls. Yes you read that right--baked, not fried! I have made these before but never baked them.



They look delicious, no? I was pretty happy with them, and I could probably live without the yummy oil dripping off of the corners. The filling needed a bit more seasoning, but otherwise they were only lacking some sweet and sour sauce for dipping!

The next recipe I tried was this one for baked crab rangoons. I have made this also but with a different filling and fried them. The shell part was nice and crunchy, but I was not happy with the filling. The recipe calls for mayo but it turned out to be the dominant flavor so next time I would leave it out completely. And as a usually non-seafood-eating household, I am proud to say I did buy real crab meat to put in them!


The third new recipe I tried was fried rice. In the past I would just use a packet of fried rice seasoning from the "Asian" section of the market but had never made it from scratch. I loved it! I think the rice was the yummiest out of it all. I put peas, carrots, onions, eggs, and chicken in it (plus seasonings of course).




 And last but not least.....I got my hair chopped off! About every 3 years the notion just hits me and I have to listen to it. I knew I wanted it done for summer since I just keep it up in a ponytail the whole time.




I really wanted to donate it, but it ended up being about 2 inches shy. So picky! I call this cut the angled bob with layers and side bangs. Keep in mind these pics are just after the cut--no styling or products. I'm anxious to start playing around with it and seeing what I can do!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...