.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Friday, October 21, 2011

Sharing Recipes

I made a soup tonight that I had forgotten how delicious it was! I have made it several times before, but each time is like the first time tasting it. It is yummy, easy, and has lots of veggies in it! I must share it with you. I have no idea where I got the original--I did not invent this.

Italian Pasta Canellini Soup

  1. 2c chicken broth
  2. 1 can diced tomatoes
  3. 2c cooked/diced chicken
  4. 1 small onion diced
  5. 3 large peeled/sliced carrots
  6. 2 stalks celery sliced
  7. 1 can canellini/great northern beans (drain)
  8. 4 slices raw bacon diced
  9. 1c small shells
  10. 1 chicken bouillon cube

Bring broth to boil in large pot while you are chopping veggies. Add carrots/celery/onion/canned tomatoes and stir. Keeping soup at a medium boil, add chicken/bouillon/bacon/beans and stir. When carrots are fork-tender and bouillon cube is dissolved, add pasta and boil until cooked!

Serve in bowls topped with Parmesan cheese.

Soooo good. I'm not even kidding. It is so amazing how everything is flavored naturally and the only "seasoning" added is one bouillon cube!! It is not bland at all so don't be tempted to add more salt! Yum. If you make it, comment and let me know what you thought!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...