.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Woot!

We finally booked our hotel for the beach trip coming up in a few weeks! Actually it is a resort! We used hotwire.com for the first time and got a great price on what looks like a nice hotel right on the beach.





My thoughts of New York have *temporarily* been replaced with thoughts of the beach. The last time I was on one was in August of 2008 right before we started our IVF. And that trip was interrupted by a hurricane! Hopefully this one is uneventful and full of fun, sun, and sand! My friend Rachel loaned us her snorkel set with fins and everything so that we can do some underwater exploring on our own. Just a few more weeks!

After we booked this trip with Southwest I looked into getting one of their credit cards with Rapid Rewards where you earn points toward flights. I went ahead and applied for it and was approved with an awesome credit limit! With my first purchase I earned bonus points enough for one free flight! I added Nick as a joint user today so when he gets his card we are both going to start using this one instead of our other rewards card so that we can always be earning points toward free flights! You know how we love to travel ;)

In other news...I finally put my notice of resignation in at OU. I had been feeling lately that it was time so I prayed about and felt good about the decision to do it. I don't think I realized how burned out I was after 5 years until I started working at Saints and saw how different things could be. August 6 will be my last shift there, and I have already signed up for extra shifts at Saints. My boss there was VERY happy to hear this! I plan on working 3 shifts (~30hrs) a week plus call. Since all of our debt is paid off, all extra money is going into savings now!

Last Friday I actually did a little shopping for ME! I had a $10 gift card to Kohl's that was almost expired so I decided to hit the clearance racks and find some cute clothes for our trip. I went to Kohl's, Old Navy, and Charlotte Russe. I got a gorgeous blue maxi dress, some tank tops, two swim suit tops and one bottom, some blouses, a new purse, and a couple shirts for Nick. And you know me--I didn't pay full price for anything!

Have I mentioned recently how much I love my little boy? He is growing by leaps and bounds everyday. I used to think all 2 year olds were wild banshees but he is so funny, sweet, cuddly and smart! And I'm not just saying that because I'm his momma. He loves to sit on my lap and watch cartoons. He loves to be read stories before bedtime. He loves to hold my hand while walking around outside. He is my ♥

Photobucket

1 comment:

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...