.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nick Turned 30!

My darling husband turned 30 today! As always, birthdays are a big thing around the Pierce household so I threw together a party for him in the short time I had. I have worked late the last two days so I only had a couple hours this afternoon to go to the store and get everything together!

I made pigs-in-a-blanket, tortilla pinwheels, veggie tray, fruit bowl, punch, cake and ice cream. My mom brought baked beans, and two kinds of pasta salad. We had a bunch of friends and family over to celebrate the big day with us!






And of course the ONLY way to beat the relentless heat here is in the pool!




The party started at 1pm, and some of our good friends hung out with us until almost 6pm. Then we dropped Brad off at his daycare and met my dad for Nick's birthday dinner at Cracker Barrel. He wanted to go to Santa Fe steakhouse, but evidently they are all shutdown?? The last part of his birthday will be our beach trip coming up in a few weeks!

Here is a cute pic of Brad in the bath this week...

In other news, I got my new camera and GPS unit! I ordered these using points I earned at OU for working extra shifts. I have played around a little with the camera and it is pretty fancy! It has this neat function for the front LCD screen where it plays a video of a cartoon so that kids will look at the camera for a picture. I can't wait to take it on our trip and use it!

I have gotten pretty well caught up on my scrapbooking. For my family albums I am caught up to June, and for Brad I am caught up to his 2 year post. I also decided to get new binders for my albums. I have been using the photo albums from the craft store but I do so many pages that I have a ton of albums. I got 2" binders and thankfully the page inserts fit perfectly! I condensed 5 photo albums into 3 binders and printed off nice cover sheets for the front and side pockets.

We have some family coming into town tomorrow from Illinois that we are supposed to be having dinner with before I go to work. They are cousins of mine that I have not met before. They are only staying until Sunday and I work this whole weekend so I won't be able to see very much of them. It will be nice to meet them though.

Hope everyone else has a good weekend!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...