.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Two Favorite Dads and a Recipe

I hope everyone had a good weekend and you took the time to show that special father in your life how much you appreciate him! My hubby (or 'baby daddy' as I jokingly call him) and my dad were treated to a delicious dinner of grilled steaks, baked potato, pasta, and cherry cheese danish for dessert!


Whenever I fire up the grill, I like to go ahead and grill up a bunch of yummy meat to eat throughout the week, and to freeze for future meals. This time, I cooked 4 BBQ chicken breasts, then burgers/hot dogs, then the steaks for our dinner!

The steaks turned out great--you just can't beat that charcoal-grilled taste!! See my two happy boys??


Now back to the cherry cheese danish--it's pretty much the best thing you've ever tasted. So easy to make too! I'll put the recipe at the end....



And here are the dads with their special shirts I made them!


And just because he is so cute...here is my little one playing in our suitcase after we got back from our trip last week:


Cherry Cheese Danish

2 tubes of crescent rolls (I use lowfat)
8oz block SOFT cream cheese (I use lowfat)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c sugar
1 can cherry pie filling

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in bowl. Spread one tube of crescent rolls to cover bottom of 9x13 pan (don't separate the triangles). Spread cream cheese mixture on top, then pour cherry pie filling over. Spread remaining crescents on top then bake for 30 min! YUM.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...