.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, March 17, 2011

Temporary Roommate

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I wonder how many of those who "celebrate" actually know the history behind this day? I bet 95% of them just think it's all about wearing green and getting plastered. Well fellow Christians, here is a bit of back story via wikipedia:

"...It commemorates Saint Patrick (c. AD 387–461), the most commonly recognized of the patron saints of Ireland, and the arrival of Christianity in Ireland... has gradually become a celebration of Irish culture in general...Originally, the color associated with Saint Patrick was blue. Over the years the color green and its association with Saint Patrick's day grew. He is said to have used the shamrock, a three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pagan Irish."

And now for my favorite part:

"Christian leaders in Ireland have expressed concern about the secularization of St Patrick's Day. In The Word magazine's March 2007 issue, Fr. Vincent Twomey wrote, "It is time to reclaim St Patrick's Day as a church festival." He questioned the need for "mindless alcohol-fueled revelry" and concluded that "it is time to bring the piety and the fun together"."

Now I'll get off of my soapbox and talk about updates! Today I officially started orienting in the recovery room and let me say--I love it! Sorry recovery nurses, but it is so freaking easy compared to ICU. I think I am going to really get along good there. I can only work there one day next week b/c next week is CRAZY for me, but after that I'll do 2-3 days/week there when I can.

I ended my shift on a sour note though...I called my hubby right before I clocked out to leave and he informed me that my dad was being taken to our local hospital by my brother for a pulled back. I finished up then rushed there to be with him. Unfortunately all they can do is try to relieve his pain until his can arrange for surgery. It has been about 15yrs since his last "episode".

I took over care from my brother and took dad to my house where he assumed the only comfortable position he could find--lying on his back on the floor--while I took Brad with me to the store to fill his prescriptions. I bought his pills and headed home to cook dinner. He took all of his meds around 9pm, and thankfully by 10pm he was getting tired and feeling some relief. We headed upstairs so he could sleep! He will bunk here with us until we figure out how well he can manage at home alone with this drugs. I just hate to see him hurting so much.

I am trying to find extra time to crank out a few more things for my craft show next week. I have definitely overbooked myself, but what do you do? Most of my stock is ready, I am just working on a few more props. I work the next three nights, so enjoy your weekend!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear oh dear......you are one busy busy girl.....

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...