.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Trip to the Country

It's nice to have those lazy days where you don't have to set the alarm clock for anything and you can hang out in your pj's for awhile! I had signed up to work extra last night since Nick would be home today for Labor Day, but I ended up getting furloughed due to a low census. I was quite happy about that since my allergies have been kicking my butt since Saturday!!! But I digress...last night we met my dad in the city for some yummy diner food. I shared my chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, garlic bread, and cottage cheese with Brad--he loved it all!

After that, Nick went his separate way while Brad, my dad, and I went across the street to the Arts Festival. It was "free" admission but $5 to park! Craziness. Nick had forgotten to put the stroller in the trunk, so I ended up having to wear Brad in his sling the whole time. He gets a bit heavy after awhile!! We enjoyed just walking around and checking out all of the beautiful artwork, photography, and sculptures that were displayed.

Today we slept in just a bit then my mom came over for some coffee and chit chat. After Brad took his afternoon nap, we loaded up the car to go down to Elmore City where Nick's parents and sister live. Unfortunately my battery decided to die, so after swapping Nick's truck battery into my car we got on our way.

My father-in-law's birthday was last Friday and two of his brothers and a wife flew in from the West coast to spend a week with them. So while we were down there today we all got to reunite and show off our little boy! The last time we saw all of them was when we drove to Las Vegas a few years ago.
This is Nick's sister on the left, Nick, his mom and his uncle Chris on the couch, and Brad's cousin Zoe playing.

Brad's cousin Zoe is only 6 months older than Brad so whenever they get together it's always a hoot to watch how they interact. Whenever one of them had a toy, the other one wanted it. They are cute!



Brad with his great Uncle Chris.

Zoe walks quite well already, and Brad is still working on it so she was running circles around him while he chased after her! In this picture he was trying to get the phone out of her hands.

We had a good time and it was nice to be back home. Tomorrow it's back to the daily grind for us! In other news, I got an overseas order on my Kandy's Krafts blog for two hats! I just finished them up and will be shipping them tomorrow.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your weekend was relaxing! it's always nice to have one of those "No time restriction" weekends! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...