.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Crafts!

No, I did not make these but my wonderful mother did! **Go see her blog here** Aren't they the cutest?? And delicious too ;)


I have taken up the lost art of hand embroidery. Yes I have a machine that does it but sometimes you just want that LOOK that it was done by hand. So I went out and bought a rainbow of colors and this is my first project:


I got a plain black tee at Hobby Lobby, as well as tons of felt. I cut out free-hand the letters and the pumpkins. I then applique stitched all of the letters on, then embroidered the faces on the pumpkins and appliqued them on.


Next is this little top for Bradley. It is a long sleeve onesie from Old Navy that I just put a little jack-o-lantern on and embroidered "Momma's Little Pumpkin" on it. Too cute!!

Last but not least is one that I made a few weeks back but I don't think I ever put a picture up. It is a binky clip. I have boy ribbon (seen here) and girl ribbon to use, as well as tons of cute buttons for the clips. It does the job well!

No I have not finished his Batman costume yet--I apologize. I only have a few little things left then I will be done. Halloween is already next week so it will be soon, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. The cuppies look cute! You did a terrific job on your Halloween shirt and Bradley's shirt too! Boy, you're a clever one!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...