.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pictures and a Recipe

This is our little guy wearing his daddy's glasses:

And fresh after a bath yesterday!

He has been a little fussy these last few days, but I think it may be due to his bowel movements (or lack thereof). And he still insists his bedtime is no earlier than 1am. Gotta love him!

As for the recipe, I thought I would share this with the other cooks out there. This is a recipe for cheddar broccoli soup that I made the other day and it turned out divine. I have made a couple other kinds before but they all tasted like crap. This one is the best so far. I think I got the recipe from kraft.com but don't hold me to it! I did change a couple of things to accommodate my supply.

1/2 stick butter
1 small diced onion
1 tbs minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground pepper
16oz frozen chopped broccoli
2 cans chicken broth
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 c milk
8oz sharp cheddar
salt

Melt butter in a large pan. Cook onion in butter until soft. Add garlic and pepper, cook for 1 min then stir in broccoli and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer until broccoli is tender--approx. 10-15min.

Whisk flour and milk in a separate bowl until dissolved. Slowly pour into soup while stirring frequently until thickened. Reduce heat and stir in cheese until melted. Season with salt to taste and serve!


1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy! I will have to try it. Also, thanks for your sweet comment! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...