.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, January 12, 2009

My Little Turnip

Today I am 17 weeks along, and I am still so freaking excited about my upcoming ultrasound!!! It is one week from this next Thursday. Nick really wants a girl, but I kind of have a feeling it's a boy. We'll see! Either way we will be so blessed to finally have the miracle we have wanted for so long. Here are the updates:

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

I finally bought my first pair of maternity pants--those things are not cheap! I guess I feel that since you only wear them for a few months, they should cost less than regular jeans. I guess not! My sister-in-law is have a baby this month so hopefully when she finally does I can swoop in and borrow hers. I have a friend--Lisa--at work who just had her second baby at 1am on Jan. 9. They did it the old fashioned way and waited till delivery to find out the gender. It was a girl! She is very happy, and I will be visiting her and baby in a couple of weeks (and also swiping some of her maternity clothes). And I have finally gained a couple of pounds! Hopefully I can keep it under control. With Lisa's first pregnancy she gained 90lbs, and fortunately with a lot of hard work she lost it all before this one. So with this one she was very strict and only gained 25lbs.

As for me, things are good. Work is busy--I decided not to take the supervisor position because I simply need to focus on the other priorities in my life right now without being weighed down with additional stress at work. I was always kind of back and forth on it, but I canceled my interview and I'm not looking back. Nick is back in school but will probably be able to go ahead and get a job next month after he gets his A++ certification (some kind of computer lingo).

5 comments:

  1. AH! Can you believe you are ALREADY this far along? I'm amazed and I can't wait to meet your little one!
    I was looking at the baby in the babystrology widget and it's getting so big and baby like lol! I just like seeing the process your body is going through... Your baby bump is tooo cute!
    If you need anything let me know, LOVE YOU!
    XOXO
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out EBay for maternity clothes! You can find really nice stuff for a little of nothing! They have some new stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you! Glad it is all going so smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww your baby is just growing growing! It is so hard to believe that just months ago we were sitting in Olive Garden and your bladder had been punctured after the retrevial and look just weeks away from you knowing if your having a baby boy or girl! Time flys so quickly when your having fun right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad to hear things are going well & you're at peace about not interviewing for the supervisor position.

    Agree with you totally on the price of maternity stuff... WAY too much! Check out target's website; they have a good bit of clearanced maternity stuff from summer/fallish. The S&H can be crazy, but sometimes they run "specials" like free S&H with a minimum purchase. I'm also checking on craigslist & have found some sellers!

    Love the baby update & hope you can snag some maternity stuff to borrow or get cheap! :)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...