.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Friday, July 17, 2020

Homemade Rain Barrel

My garden is behind my garage, and the faucet is nowhere near it. I got tired of lugging a watering can back and forth, so hubby and I got the supplies recently to make our own rain barrel!

I got most supplies at Home depot. There were a couple rubber washers we got at Ace Hardware. Otherwise a pretty simple faucet setup with thin mesh netting stapled over the opening to prevent bugs and debris from gooping up the water. We put an overflow hole at the top.





After a 2 week drought, we got rain the night we put this in! A couple rainstorms later and it's beyond filled. I could easily connect a couple more to the overflow and fill those too. Happy garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...