.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Saturday, December 8, 2018

Christmastime and Surgery Time

I managed to fill the freezer, finish chores, and get the house decorated for Christmas before my surgery Monday!








We've already gotten several inches of snow, and it's been lovely to see from my window.


On Monday the 3rd I had my first surgery (I don't count wisdom teeth removal...) which was an open ventral hernia repair. I chose a great surgeon I work with and I was very happy with everything! It was outpatient at my hospital, and of course the whole family came along due to NO babysitter :) The staff was amazing and let even the little ones come into pre-op and post-op to see me. And my lovely coworker Jessica brought a special gift bag in for the kids, as well as a nice gift bag for me from the unit! So sweet!!


The incision is only a couple inches, and I've really had little to no pain since I woke up. I didn't require anything in recovery, and I've only taken a couple Norco right after just to ward off potential pain. Frankly I've been battling a headache more!

I am getting around pretty well at home, and have started venturing outside the house. But I am of course on lifting restrictions so I won't be going back to work till next month. My post-op checkup is Tuesday. I was able to remove the outer dressing today, and the steri-strips will come off on their own.


Nick has done wonderfully taking care of me while watching the boys and keeping the house clean.


Today I got out with the boys for a fun afternoon of Christmas events in our town. They had Santa there, pizza, donuts, music, and crafts for the kids. They had a blast! We love our town.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...