.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, May 24, 2018

Spring Planting

Our weather has been consistently warm now, so I've been working hard trying to beautify the outside! We bought lots of gorgeous flowers from a local Amish farm and I planted some in the back. The rest I put into hanging pots for the front porch.

Have you ever seen black petunias?









We've been looking for a good deal on a riding mower because it just takes way too much time to do it with a push mower. Our issue was how to get it home since we don't have a truck or a trailer. Well this Troybilt popped up right down the street,and it turned out to be an awesome deal! Only a few months old with all paperwork. And Nick was able to drive it home!! I'm the mower in the family, and I'm planning the maiden voyage for this weekend.



We also got a steal on a much bigger and stronger snowblower, but I didn't get a picture of it.

Today Nick and I manually tilled up the dirt in the garden and mixed in some good compost. I planted seeds for corn, bell peppers, carrots, and romaine lettuce so cross your fingers that they all sprout and grow! And on that subject, our grapevines, blueberry bush, and pear tree are still alive!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...