.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, February 8, 2018

My Solo Visit to Oklahoma

A couple of weeks ago, I was able to sneak away from the snowy northern lands to see family and friends back in Oklahoma! I stocked the boys with lots of homemade goodies and bid them farewell for a few days. I'm not gonna lie...it was quite enjoyable to be alone and carefree on the trip! I read books and listened to music on the airplane, and had several days of fun, food and late nights with my favorite people!

I got a rental car and stayed with my mom. I got to spend a lot of time with her and my stepdad, as well as my brothers/their families, my dad, and several other close friends.











I also took an afternoon to drive around and snap pictures of the houses Nick and I have lived in--which was more than a little depressing. Our old neighborhoods have deteriorated so much since our childhoods. 90% of the places we have memories in have been torn down.

This was our house in Norman that we lived in from 2006-2016.

This was our first house we bought together in OKC, and lived there 2004-2006.

This was the house in OKC Nick grew up in and lived in till his teens.

This is the house I grew up in and lived in till I was 11.

It was great to see my favorite people, but of course I was happy to return home to my boys and New York! Nick will be taking his solo trip later this year to see his friends and family as well.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...