.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day 2017

I hope everyone had a great holiday today, and took time to appreciate all of those who gave their lives to serve this country!

We decided to head out to a local park and do burgers and hotdogs! Original, right?? Ha. We don't have a grill, and I thought it would be a waste to buy a whole bag of charcoal...so I got this fancy thing at the store for $3.50! I dubbed it the Janky Grill. Yes, it is a disposable charcoal grill--be jealous!


It actually worked out great, and was just right for a few burgers and hotdogs. There is nothing better than the flavor of charcoal grilled meat. We "tailgated" out of my trunk, and had a blast doing it. I brought cookies and marshmallows for dessert. The boys ate those while they burned off some energy running around.










The weather was beyond perfect--sunny and 75°. Since we splurged for our lunch, it was healthy food for dinner while we relaxed and watched The Majestic.


For those who know me on FB, you already know that we put in a CASH offer on that beautiful house we went and looked at last week! We should hear something soon.....I'm expecting negotiations. Wish us luck!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...