.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving in New York

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! This was our first one as New Yorkers. I cooked up a traditional feast for the 4 of us and we spent the day relaxing in our PJs. I did try a few new things however!

This was the first time I used a dry brine on the turkey. It's basically a salt and spice rub, then you leave the turkey open to air in the fridge for at least 24hr. I cooked it in a bag as usual, and it was so good!





Other things I made include mashed potatoes with gravy, rolls, stuffing, deviled eggs, sweet potato casserole, and cranberry sauce. Two other new things were corn casserole and a pumpkin cheesecake! The cheesecake was the perfect blend of cheesecake and pumpkin pie.


We missed our family and their company, but I know they all spent the day together and are not alone. We are on our own now and are making new memories and traditions together. I can't help but dream that next Thanksgiving we might be in our Victorian house!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...