.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Saturday, June 11, 2016

Dirty 30

Today is the day I turn 30! I have looked forward to this age. I see it as a new chapter; one where I'm taken more seriously. One where my achievements can shine thru and I don't have to feel like I'm constantly proving myself to the naysayers. One where the rat race of life is calming down, and I can start enjoying a routine of family and work balance.


I was always one to wish I was older. I was never content with being an adolescent and I can remember wishing I could just start on MY life. Well I did just that at age 16 and I haven't looked back since! I have never once regretted "wishing away" my childhood. Parts of it were good, but for the most part I've tried to forget it. My life took a positive turn at 11 when I met Nick and young love bloomed. At 14 I knew he was my soulmate, and at 16 we vowed to become one.

I can confidently say that I'm very happy with where I am in life at this point. I have followed my dreams and ambitions to the fullest despite being surrounded by those who discourage me at every turn. It seems that those who fear change in their own life will be those who try to undermine the choices I make for mine.

I've learned a lot in these 30 years, and I know there's more to learn every day. But I can also say that I've taught and tried to help many with what I've learned and done. I have a strong urge to keep people from making certain mistakes that I know how to prevent, but I know some people refuse to learn and just have to make their own mistakes. I'm still learning when to observe and when to intervene, but I've gotten better!

What advice would I give to a younger person just starting the journey into adulthood?
  • Find a job that you love and that can grow with you
  • When you meet your soulmate, don't let them get away
  • Failure is NOT an option. You don't fail until you quit trying
  • Tell the special people in your life that you love them. We are never guaranteed tomorrow
  • Keep connected to those that enrich your spirit. It's easier said than done
  • Adult friends are much different than childhood friends, even if it's the same person. People change--some for better and some not. Don't hold on to a hope of the good ole days. Sometimes you have to let go.
  • Start your retirement savings early! Check it annually and adjust if able. The more you can contribute, the better.
  • Make your health a priority! Eat right and stay active--you have to help yourself before you help others
  • TRAVEL. I mean to other countries. It gets harder as you get older with more obligations so do it while you are young. Collect memories, not things. Material things are not that important when you are drinking champagne on a gondola in Venice.
OK guys, that's all I have for now! I'm spending the day just relaxing at home and enjoying my family. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...