.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Saturday, March 14, 2015

Around the House

 I thought I would share some non-baby/pregnancy things that we have been doing around the Pierce household. First of all, we got a new truck!


It's a 1988 Chevy Blazer in excellent condition. Our Ford Explorer (that we just bought last April to pull our camper) started having transmission issues so we replaced the parts we could afford to and decided to swallow our losses and sell it as-is for half of it's value. Nick decided we were going to get something easier (and cheaper) to work on that would be much more dependable. We actually bought this Blazer from my brother and got a great deal on it!

The hardtop is removable and there is a ton of space inside. It has big tires and a great stereo--we can't wait to take it to the lake this summer! The engine and transmission are super tough so I don't think we'll have any issues with reliability here.

There is plenty of legroom for Brad, and another carseat will fit right in! It's a little hard for me to get into in my current state, but that won't be for much longer!


 I have been keeping my sewing machine busy lately. There are a lot of little projects I want to work on, plus some custom orders! Here is a lab coat I embroidered for a friend's new job:

And if you recall I am switching the boys' room over to robots so I have been busy working on robot accessories. The latest is a valance for each window. The yellow curtains are ones I made 6 years ago when I decorated Brad's nursery in safari animals. They match the robot theme except for the animal I embroidered in the corner of each panel. They will be fine for now, but I will eventually make new panels out of a bright color to match.
We have all been enjoying the beautiful weather here recently and my little one is on Spring break next week so he will be outside as much as he can stand! Here he is sitting on the porch playing with his keyboard...

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...