.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Saturday, July 27, 2013

Healthy Cookies?

Or should I say healthier? Yes, it can be done! I tried a new recipe tonight that I switched up a bit, and it was a big hit tonight with the family! My husband is notorious for his dislike of all things green and healthy so I knew I had my work cut out for me. Here is the original recipe, and here is how I made them:


Oatmeal Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 very ripe banana
3/4c sugar
1 egg
1 1/2c grated zucchini
1c oats
2c chocolate chips
1 1/2c flour
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat to 350°. Cream banana and sugar, then stir in egg, vanilla, and zucchini. Sift in flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop by spoonful onto baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on rack then eat!

They were super yum and I will definitely be putting this one into the recipe book.


In other news, we have had a plethora of wildlife in our backyard this year. Every morning we drink our coffee on the back deck and see the bunnies, mice, and birds stirring about. We have possums that live under our deck too, and occasionally will see those sneaking around. Nick has pulled (live) snakes and frogs out of our pool. The other day he saw this bird hopping around in the grass and he decided to bring it inside to show us....


I have no idea what it is....he said it was a baby and couldn't fly, and he thinks it's some sort of hawk or something....

In about 3 1/2 weeks my little baby boy will start Pre K! My sewing machine decided to mess up so I have borrowed my moms temporarily. I am bound and determined to sew him a toddler backpack! I found this tutorial online and *hopefully* I can make it with no trouble. I decided to use this ribbon for the straps!
I have some super cute robot fabric I've been saving up to use on his room (I'm still not done switching it from safari to robots) and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That wild life thing can be something else! It seems like this year their out in abundance! IDK if its this decent summer were having their all out moving about enjoying it too! Sounds like the snake just wanted to take a swim and cool off hahaha! :) I love the cookie recipe up there I will have to make some! My grandma Craiger used to make some similar to those since their diabetic friendly. Do you happen to know the calories in one cookie? ( I know I'm miss calories obsessed over here hahahaha)
    Take a pic of Brad's room when your done the robot theme sounds soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...