This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 8 and 2 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Precious Moments

 Yes, we are home from Seattle. But first--I want to share some adorable pictures of my little boy and his cousin! He stayed with his grandparents while we were in Washington, and my MIL took them both to get portraits made. They turned out wonderful, and these are a few of my favorites....


So precious! His cousin Zoe is 5 months older than he is, and they will both be starting Pre-K this fall. They just love playing together.

Our trip to Seattle went good. We had a good time but not enough to do all of the things we wanted to. Our layover was in Denver and it almost got canceled due to a heavy snow storm. Hundreds of other flights to/from there were canceled throughout the day. Thankfully ours was late enough in the day that the storm had passed and they were able to clear the airport. Our flight landed in Seattle just after midnight, so we were VERY tired by the time we got to our hotel.

We got up early to catch breakfast, then packed up and headed north to Vancouver, BC! This was our 3rd time into Canada, but our first time actually driving there. We got thru the border with no trouble (although we still get nervous every time like we are doing something wrong) and had lunch in the city.

We somehow ended up in a huge Asian district and by the time we ate lunch we were pooped and wanted to head back to the hotel. It was a 2 hour drive each way so that took most of the day! For dinner we headed to our local fave--Red Mill burgers and each got a bleu cheese bacon burger. So yummy!

The next morning we grabbed breakfast in the lobby, then headed 2 hours south to see our family! Nick's aunt and uncle leave in a precious little town nestled in the pine trees and mountains. The views are amazing and they have a river right behind their house. They treated us to lunch and several cups of coffee! We stayed for most of the day then headed home.

 We had a gift card to a theater that we really needed to use (because that particular theater is not in Oklahoma but there were several around Seattle) so on our way home we stopped at a theater and arrived just 5 minutes after the movie we wanted see had started--Oz the Great and Powerful! We hoofed it up 4 sets of escalators to get to the 4th floor and got to see it in 3D. It was very good!

Unfortunately we stayed up way too late that night. We stopped somewhere and grabbed dinner and didn't get to bed until around 1am, then had to get up at 4am to catch our early flight. We were running a bit late to the airport and had to literally jog to our gate! They were halfway done boarding our plane when we got there. Our layover was very short and we had to quickly get to our next gate for the last flight. We landed safely and took a nice nap when we got home!

That evening we drove out to the inlaws' house to pick up Brad. My mom and stepdad met us down there, and we all had dinner together.

Now it's back to real life and work tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...