.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve Eve

 Yeah I said it! I have been on call this weekend and worked all of it! 9 hours yesterday and 5 hours today. I can't complain though because the weekend nurse I work with is the best ever and we sit around and chat like teenagers during our downtime! We drink Starbucks, take walks, buy each other lunch....it's rough ;)

I was happy to get home in a timely fashion today and was able to cook dinner for my boys. I made a new recipe for corn chowder that was supposed to go in the crock pot but didn't because I wasn't home in time for that! I cooked it on the stove and we all loved it. Nick had 3 bowls! It's a little easier than my other chowder recipe but just as tasty so I think I will be updating my cookbook....

Here are my holiday nails (thanks Pinterest for the idea) I got done today!


 


I am just so freaking excited about our chance of a big snow storm on Christmas!!!! It is like the best present for Nick and I. We love snow so much but never get it here. So far the *latest* prediction is light rain Monday evening changing over into snow all day Tuesday and ending Tuesday evening with windchill below zero. Possible accumulation of 4-8". I say bring it on! The only place we plan on going Tuesday is in the early afternoon to my mom's house for breakfast and a big lunch. The rest of the day we will be at home cooking, eating, and enjoying a BIG fire in the fireplace.

I am happy to say I ended up getting a little over 10 Christmas cards this year. Not much compared to the 40 I sent out but each one is still special! It means that person took the time to pick out a card, write my name on it, and address it to my family for the holidays.

Tomorrow evening we were all going to do our Christmas-Eve-Arby's-roast-beef-sandwich tradition at Nick's parents' house in the country....but as of today they are sick and running fevers so looks like that trip is canceled. However we are of course still continuing the tradition at our house! Nick's grandparents used to do it and we have also done it every Christmas together!

That is all for now, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and enjoy the snow!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...