.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Did You Hear the Whoosh? It Was Time Flying By

 It has been a crazy month for us, and 11 days since my last blog. Nick had his tooth surgery done that Monday and we were able to talk the surgeon into taking out his broken tooth while he was asleep. The procedure went well but he had to have some of his jaw bone drilled away to get all roots out. They told him the pain would not get better for a couple of weeks....needless to say they were right! It has been almost 9 days now and I think it is just now getting better for him. He is still on prescription pain meds but is able to let more time go between pills.

Brad had a great time spending a few days with his grandparents and cousin but was a little devil the first couple of days back home. We always have to "reprogram" him back to a normal schedule in real life.

Our huge tree in the front has covered our lawn in leaves and Brad has a blast running thru them and playing outside....




I tried a new "recipe" I am very proud of--I made butter! No I did not churn it, I used my food processor! It is so delicious I just want to eat it with a spoon. I have been rationing it just because I do not want it to run out!

I have been getting a ton of orders from friends and coworkers for headwarmers and hats. Here is the latest order I finished for a friend....


Well this is the big week! Thanksgiving is only 2 days away. I am cooking my big dinner tomorrow b/c I am on call from Wednesday night until Sunday morning--yes for a total of 82 HOURS. My dad, his girlfriend, and Nick's best friend are coming to eat with us. On Thursday we will go eat at my mom's then try to visit Nick's parents in the evening if I don't get called in.

Here are the latest things of my daily thanksgiving....

11.-i am thankful for all of those who have served for our country!
12. thank you to my MIL for staying with nick while i was at work today (and for watching Brad for a few days) and thank you to my boss for being understanding
13. **missed a day**
14.i am thankful for a husband that appreciates and loves me unconditionally
15.i am thankful for the mornings i get to share coffee and chit chat with my mother  
16. i am thankful i have the knowledge AND desire to cook for my family
17. i am thankful that i learned how to coupon almost 2 years ago and have saved sooo much money doing it! heading out now for a ton of great deals
18. i am thankful that my grandma has been able to know her only great grandson, Brad
19.i am thankful for the quiet alone time that Nick and I get after Brad goes to bed
20.i am thankful that i {usually} have the strength to deal with difficult issues, and that I know it's something I am still working on  


I went to a Newsboys concert at a church in OKC last Thursday with my dad, his girlfriend, my brother and his wife. We all had a great time and the music was amazing! There was a total of 4 bands that played--Grace Campbell, Luminate, Building 429, and Newsboys. They are all Christian bands and have songs on the Christian alternative radio station that I love to listen to. I wish I could post pictures but I did not bring my camera.

I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed recently just because these last couple months are flying by so quickly. I am cooking the whole dinner tomorrow and still don't have all of the ingredients I need...I have TWO craft shows in two weeks and I really need to work on my inventory for them...we still have things we need to do to the house before we list it for sale in January...I still have some planning I need to do for our big anniversary party...Christmas is only a month away!! Eeek. I just have to tell myself to take it one day at a time and everything will be ok!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...